HOWEVER - the revised planning application for Eric, Treby & Brokesley Estates has now been published online.
The plans were submitted without any attempt from EastendHomes to consult residents living in the area who are affected by the application or the Mile End Residents Association. This is what we and members of the Strategic Development Committee have been pushing for in the last many months but it all fell on deaf ears.
We shall be taking a closer look at these plans and will keep you informed.
- Reference no PA/09/02065L - Application for full planning permission to regenerate the existing Eric and Treby Estate in Mile End East, London, E3, comprising the refurbishment of existing buildings, the demolition of 14 bed-sit units at 1-14 Brokesley Street and the erection of buildings between 1 and 7 storeys
- Reference no PA/09/02066 - Application for Conservation Area Consent for the demolition of 1-14 Brokesley Street (Associated with estate regeneration planning application - see reference PA/09/2065)
- Click here to download the covering letter.
- As before there are a huge number of documents - most of which titles which are less than helpful
- You may also notice that some of the plans are posted at a jaunty 90 degree angle! (Do feel free to comment to the Council about how easy or otherwise you find their website!)
- At the time of writing, the official Planning Notices have NOT yet been posted in all the relevant streets.
- Those who objected last time have still NOT yet received their letters advising them of the revised planning application - but then there is a postal strike!
COMMITEE MEETING: LBTH Planning Officials have confirned that the application will not be reported to the Strategic Development Committee on 10th November (next meeting) but if the application were to be recommended for approval, the first available meeting would be in early December.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT: Make sure you subscribe to this blog to:
- find out what we are discovering about the latest application and/or
- how you can get help in commenting on this application
- get other news about living in Mile End