We report dumped rubbish by using the website FixMyStreet. We've found that this tends to produce the fastest and most effective response by the waste collection contractors employed by Tower Hamlets Council. That could be because the response is monitored on a website which is accessible to all and where the complaint gets updated as to whether or not it's been fixed - for all to see!
Primary problems relating to fly tipping on or near the Eric and Treby Estate are:
- FIRE - dumped and flammable rubbish becomes a magnet for those "little boys" who like to play with matches. It can potentially cause a very real hazard to people's homes
- RATS - rats and other animals congregate around rubbish which includes dumped food left out in bags
Large amount of rubbish dumped at the entrance of Windermere House on an EastendHomes Estate in E3.
Yesterday evening Friday) firemen were called to extinguish fire here.
FixMyStreet - Reported in the Refuse collection category by Mile End Residents at 12:07, Saturday 8 October 2011
Pile of dumped rubbish rotting in the sun at 568a Eric Street - between the BT exchange and the betting shop.This was fixed by Tuesday morning.
Fix My Street - Reported in the Dumped rubbish category by Mile End Residents at 16:58, Monday 3 October 2011
More reports about dumped rubbish and overflowing bins
Other reports on Fix My Street relating to rubbish and reported by MERA include the following. Note that they have all been fixed!
- Fly tipping Eric Street - Mile End 12:07, 8 Oct 2011
- Refuse at Burdett Rd/Hamlets Way 10:01, 3 Oct 2011
- Yet more rubbish problems in E3 21:55, 29 Aug 2011
- Rubbish problem Treby/Eric Street E3 21:52, 29 Aug 2011
- Moer overflowing bins on Eric & Treby E3 21:48, 29 Aug 2011
- Rubbish Ennerdale House E3 15:48, 29 Aug 2011
It's a Bow Trinity problem too!
We invite Telford Homes and those trying to sell the new private accommodation in Bow Trinity to also help local residents address this problem - because otherwise Bow Trinity will become associated with rampant waste management problems in the area! It all looks a bit different to their website!