Somebody at EastendHomes / Telford Homes plc needs to wake up to the fact that NONE of the roads on the Eric & Treby Estate at Mile End are "estate roads". They are all roads which have been adopted by the Council.
This means that:
- all the normal highways and parking regulations apply.
- Telford Homes needs to comply with Tower Hamlets "rules" not EastendHomes "rules".
- the only vehicles which can be parked in "residents permit holder only" parking bays are ones which (1) belong to residents and (2) have a residents' parking permit or (3) are using a scratchcard of the type made available only to residents (ie for works organised by residents).
- Non-residents without a residents' scratchcard and commercial vehicles cannot use residents parking bays.
- this parking bay has been suspended (ALWAYS very clearly marked by Highways - there was no notice under the permit sign and no visible evidence on the pavement that the parking bay was suspended between fixed points).
- The Dumper Truck (Vehicle Registration No EU56 GUJ) had a parking permit.
- send a link to this blog post to Tower Hamlets Parking Services.
- have a word with Highways.