- Welcome and introduction
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the last meeting (1 February 2010) - available here
- Matters arising
- MERA Committee report
- Election of officers (chair, vice-chair, secretary, treasurer)
- Area reps
- Local residents’ concerns
- Any other business
- Date of the next meeting (in a year)
Besides the usual business of an AGM (feedback on what has happened during the year and elections) two key priorities will be:
- Tell you what we know about what is planned for the future on the sites at Southern Grove and St Clements.
- Find out what are your future priorities for action to improve where we live.
Elections of officers take place once a year - at the AGM. If you would like to stand (or re-stand) for Chair, Vice-chair, Secretary, or Treasurer please contact us for a form - or download here. Return deadline: Friday 11 February 2011.
A resident within the MERA area (but not from your own household) will need to second you. And if possible please say a few words about yourself at the meeting to help residents make a decision before the vote.
One person per household within the MERA area is entitled to vote at the meeting and only in person. Affiliates do not have voting rights but are more than welcome to contribute to discussions.
Area reps can fill in their forms on the night - and do not need seconding. The role of area rep is based on voluntary contribution, you set your own level of involvement.
The MERA area was leafleted last week. The leaflet has also been distributed by email to all those on the mailing list. Copies of the leaflet are available from Lene Milaa, Secretary of MERA on the email address below.
If you'd like a larger copy of the leaflet for your window or front door to publicise the meeting please let us know.
MERA CONTACT DETAILS
- Website: http://www.mile-end-residents.co.uk
- Blog: http://meracouk.blogspot.com/
- Sign up for email updates: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Txt, leave a message, or hear updates by phone: 07932 62 63 40
- Please let us know if you have changed your contact details or moved out of the area.
- If you have new neighbours please make sure they are aware that of MERA and the AGM.