We've given up waiting for EastendHomes to do its job properly.
[UPDATE: The MERA Blog works! On 13th July around midday the appropriate signs with emergency contact details were placed in the lifts in Ennerdale House]
Above is the sign which is now in both lifts. It provides the Emergency Number for if the lift fails.
Why does MERA need to do this? Well we wouldn't need to if:
- EastendHomes responded to requests - but they don't
- EastendHomes want to make tenants and residents feel safe - but they don't
- EastendHomes wanted to make sure everybody knew what to do if they get stuck in the lift - but they don't.
So now people using the lift have a sign. It will stay there until
- EastendHomes start doing their job properly and
- a proper sign is installed in each lift
If anybody would like to volunteer to translate it we will also create and post a translation.
PS Should you wish to comment at any time to EastendHomes about their inability to stay on top of the job and keep basic services running please contact 020 8880 7055 and let them know exactly what you think!
PPS EastendHomes also didn't know that Telford had cut off the water again and that Ennerdale House had no water again this morning - but that's another story........