In this post you can see thumbnails of photos you can see on Flickr or some the greener parts of where we live.
On Saturday a number of us went on the Community Walk organised by the East London Tabernacle Baptist Church based in Burdett Road
This is a link to the slideshow of the greener part of the Community Walk and this is a link to the set of Community Walk photos in Flickr
- along Mile End Park - via the site of the New Globe Pleasure Ground, the Arts Park, the Ecology Park. We saw a heron on the opposite bank next to the Queen Mary Campus and a swan family with large baby cygnets swimming along the Regents Canal
- a diversion via the Hertford Union Canal to Gunmakers Gate
- through Victoria Park - past the East Lake, the Old English Gardens, the kids playround, deer park and Boating Pond (the subject of a recent post by Spitalfields Life - see Victoria Park Model Steam Boat Club)
- exit from the Park via St Mark's Gate
- back along the Hertford Union - via Growing Concerns (a really great garden centre and community gardeners which sells excellent ice cream!)
- then south along the River Lea (which is a canalised river) and Old Ford Lock - and the cormorant
- to Bow Bridge and then back down the A11, Bow Road.
Our photographer did not finish the route due to it being a very hot day and a dislike of walking along roads as opposed to next to canals and rivers!
If you'd like to venture out to explore the local canals and rivers, you can Download a Guide and map to the East End's canals and London Docklands