The torch is coming from Newham and will will begin its route around Tower Hamlets at approximately 1.50pm when it reaches Bow Road. From there it moves west along Bow Road and Mile End Road towards Stepney Green Park where it will stop at Stepney Green Park at 2.20pm for a short break. There will be a free community event.
The torch will then continue from the park at 3.25pm before it leaves the borough at 3.54pm
Tweet your photo using #London2012TorchRelay for a chance of seeing it on the map of the Torch Route. Only geotagged tweets can be used.
Residents should be aware a series that road closures will be operation, with traffic being severely affected along the route. Go to http://www.getaheadofthegames.com
- Buses heading towards Stratford (25, 205, 425) should be running on route but subject to delays.
- Buses will not be running between Bow roundabout and Whitechapel (possibly Aldgate) towards town from approximately 1.30 pm until 5.00pm.Instead they will divert down A13 – East India Dock Road & Commercial Road.
- Car users should also expect some severe delays and road closures
See below for full details of the route – timings are approximate. Buses down Mile End Road will be diverted for a while. We shall try to get further information soon of the predicted impact.
- 1.50pm Torch arrives in Tower Hamlets from A11 High Street towards Bow Road
- 2.03pm Torch continues on to Mile End Road
- 2.15pm Torch turns on to White Horse Lane
- 2.20pm Torch proceeds onto Stepney Green leading to Redman’s Road and Stepney Green Park for its lunchtime stop (See details of the free community event at Stepney Green Park here
- 3.25pm Torch leaves Stepney Green Park going onto Redman’s Road through Jamaica Street, Stepney Way, Sidney Street and Raven Row
- 3.34pm Torch carries on to Whitechapel Road
- 3.44pm Torch goes through Osborn Street and Wentworth Street before going on to Commercial Street
- 3.54pm Torch leaves Tower Hamlets
You can follow the LIVE route of the Torch on this full screen map of the route