- A family picnic is the perfect way to enjoy some food and fun al fresco on Bank Holiday Monday.
- Bring some food to share with other picnicers and join in sharing the nature in the park plus fun and games.
- The picnic starts at 11am today (Bank Holiday Monday) and goes on until 3pm
Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park is a closed, historic Cemetery located in London's East End which is now a nature reserve and important GREEN SPACE.The "Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park" was set up in 1990 and manage the Park with the objectives of encouraging greater use of this green space as a sanctuary for people, a place of biodiversity, while protecting and preserving the historic content.
- The Cemetery opened in 1841 by an Act of Parliament and is one of London's Magnificent Seven Cemeteries.
- The Cemetery closed to burials in 1966
- In 2001 it became Tower Hamlets first Local Nature Reserve in 2001.
- Today it is 33 acres of "managed" mature, broadleaved woodland and meadow. It is also a educational resource to 7000+ school children every academic year who use the Park as an outdoor classroom