Schools out and the summer holidays are upon us. The next few weeks will be a challenge - and the MERA Blog will do its best to keep you alerted about activities for children.
Green Summer Fete - 30th July
A Green Summer Fete will be held in Victoria Park next Friday 30th July. You can find it on the West side (near the V&A Playground) between 1pm - 4pm. Events will include
- Recycle Village
- Recycle Robot Parade
- Giant Recycle Collage
- Bug Hunts
- Arts and Crafts
- Face Painting …and many more fun activities!
Tower Hamlets Community Cup - 31st July
Tower Hamlets Community Cup is a footballing event for boys, held in Mile End Park south on 31st July, is aimed at promoting community cohesion between the diverse communities living in London.
Obviously nobody has realised that girls can also play football! ;)
You can also find out about Summer Sports Opportunities on the Tower Hamlets website
- About Summer Sports 2010 (pdf, 2.5 mb)
- Summer Sports 2010 calendar (pdf, 283 kb)
- Summer sports flyer to print and fold (pdf, 868 kb)
- How to fold (pdf, 213 kb)
- Online booking form for canoeing, cycling, and climbing
- Suggested kit list (pdf, 15 kb)
There will be three and five day courses in climbing, canoeing, and cycling. Learn basic climbing skills and techniques, try out canoeing, kayaking and raft building. On the biking course you will learn how to control your bike, road safety, use of gears and take part in a bike journey.
There's also a whole range of sports sessions running throughout the summer:
Tennis at Mile End Stadium, Rhodeswell Road E14 7TW
- Monday 2nd August – Friday 6th August
- Monday 9th August – Friday 13th August
You can do this by clicking the link below
Subscribe to MERA - Mile End Residents Association Blog by Email