- the Police Appeal for witnesses to the recent murder at the Boheme NightClub (forner Broke / Purple/E3 Club) near Mile End Station.
- the suspension and formal review of the Club's Licence
MERA would urge anybody reading this who was at the nightclub on Saturday night/Sunday morning to contact the police. See below for details of how you can do this.
murdered at the Boheme nightclub,
562a Mile End Road, Bow, London E3 4PH
on Sunday 27th March 2011
(Photo: Met Police)
Murder in Bow
30 March 2011
Incident Date: Sunday 27 March
Incident Location : Boheme nightclub on Mile End Road E3, close to the junction with Burdett Road.
Description:Detectives have released a photo of the victim of a murder in east London as they re-appeal for witnesses.
Police were called at 04:30hrs on Sunday 27 March following a stabbing at the Boheme nightclub on Mile End Road E3, close to the junction with Burdett Road.< London Ambulance Service attended, but the victim was pronounced dead at the scene. He was 23 year-old Kelvin Easton of Gospatrick Road, N17. Next of Kin have been informed. A post-mortem examination on 28 March at Poplar mortuary gave cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) are investigating, under Detective Chief Inspector Charles King. DCI King said: "We would urge anyone with any information about the murder of Kelvin Easton, or any witnesses to the incident in the Boheme nightclub, to come forward."
Anyone with information that may assist should call the incident room on 020 8345 4142; if you wish to remain anonymous you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Three men and a 17-year-old youth have been arrested in connection with the inquiry: on Sunday 27 March a 27-year-old man [A] was arrested, and on 28 March three others [B - 23 ys; C - 25 ys; D - 17 ys] were arrested.
All have been bailed to return to east and north London police stations on 17 May, pending further inquiries.
- a suspension of the club's licence for 28 days
- a formal and full review of the Licence granted for the club
- For further information see Application for a Section 53A Review of the Premises License for Boheme (formally Broke London) 562a Mile End Road, London E3 4PH (73/011
|Police statement submitted with application to suspend and review licence|
- a man was murdered at the Boheme nightclub at 562a Mile End Road E3 on Sunday 27th March 2011
- two failures by management and staff have already been identified by police - with fatal consequences
- the weapon was missed by security
- staff allowed an unknown man to remove the CCTV hard drive which records what happens in the club - which will inhibit the investigation
in the very near future
once we have a copy of the advert and the process.
Earlier this month the club was fined £6,000 for plastering Tower Hamlets with hundreds of illegal posters. The owners failed to turn up to hearing on Friday March 18 at Thames magistrates’ court but were found guilty of ten offences of fly posting and one of fly tipping.
- Comments on this post are closed.
- All comments are directed to relevant post on the MERA website - Man Murdered in Mile End Sunday Morning – Boheme license suspended