The Friends of the Cemetery Park will also be celebrating their 21st birthday.
This is a FREE event and is open to all. Entrance is in from Southern Grove
The Spring Festival highlights the importance of Cemetery Park, as the only woodland in Tower Hamlets.
- The aim is to make the event a showcase for a range of wood crafts, promoting the use of timber, and increasing knowledge and understanding of the value of woodland to both wildlife and people. Exhibits include:
- coppice crafts,
- green woodwork and shelter building,
- making the day
- Other exhibits include live music, face painting and fun and games.
- Take a tour around the Park in a Rickshaw.
- Guided walks will also be offered and led by the Friends throughout the day to introduce people to the park and share the fascinating nature and local heritage with visitors.
- Refreshments and woodland products will be available to buy.
- MERA also has a stall!
Kenneth Greenway – Cemetery Park Liaison Officer for the Park:
“We are keen to promote the importance of good woodland management and local heritage. There is a lot on offer for everyone to enjoy, children can discover the wonders of nature with Egbert the Explorer, make fabric flowers and get a chance to meet some of Comic books most charismatic superheroes, the Spiderman and Superman! This is a guaranteed great day out for all!”The event is organised by The Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park. For further information please call Ken on 07904 186 981 or email email@example.com
How to get to the Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park
The Cemetery Park is located in the heart of East London with good transport links. The main gate is situated in Southern Grove, E3, with the Soanes Centre just inside on the right.
- The nearest Underground station is Mile End on the Central, District, and Hammersmith and City lines. You can also travel to Bow Road on the District and Hammersmith and City Line
- DLR to Bow Church
- Local bus routes are: D6, D7,D8, 25, 205, 277, 323, 339 and 425.
The Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park website http://www.towerhamletscemetery.org