Help change crime and anti-social behaviour in Mile End
Safer Neighbourhood Public Meeting
Thursday 7th June 2012 at 7:00 pm
Bow Road Methodist Church, 1 Merchant Street, Bow, E3 4LY
|The scene in Eric Street on Monday night|
The incident started when a group of young men arrived on the estate in a dark car and chased some local men off Eric Street, cornering them by the entrance to Windermere House. They were attacked with knives but managed to to make their get away. Blood was found in the area but the extent of their injuries is unknown. The assailants returned to their car and sped off.What you should do if you see violence in the Mile End Area
A further attack was witnessed near the grass area on Eric Street. The weapon used was said to have been a pick axe. At least one person was seen with blood coming from what appeared to be a head injury.
Shocked residents looked on as police arrived in force at around 10.00pm to separate the two groups. The young men involved quickly discarded weapons in gardens and open spaces which were then sealed off by police.
- Phone 101 immediately and report the incident to the Police. Don't rely on other people. The more reports the Police receive the more they will take notice of an incident.
- In an EMERGENCY call 999
- Do NOT get involved
- If you want observe what's happening make sure you only do so from a safe place
- Keep children indoors and away from the violence
- Speak to the Mile End East Neighbourhood Policing Team if you have concerns about incidents in your area
- Telephone: 020 8721 2848
- Come to Safer Neighbourhood Meetings and tell the Police of your concerns.
For your information this is the Metropolitan Police Crime Map for Mile End