MERA is STILL chasing the Council to get a satisfactory resolution of the problem with the rubbish outside the entrance to Ennerdale House.
- There are still no black bins for rubbish which cannot be recycled and bags which are too large to go down the chute.
- The rubbish collections are still too infrequent to prevent flytipping and contamination of the recycling bins
- On 30th November, we told the Waste Manager who looked into the problem that his response was inadequate. The complaint should then automatically move to the next stage.
- The Corporate Complaints Manager thinks Stage 2 started on 13th December - which was the date we sent an email chasing the lack of a response from Corporate Complaints to our email saying the response was inadequate dated 30th November
- 21 days later our photographs since 30th November spell out why we were correct in saying that the response was no solution at all.
- LBTH think the complaint moves to Stage 3 (assuming they had identified the start date correctly for the current stage!)
- MERA believes that this complaint can then go to the Ombudsman - if the problem has not been resolved to our satisfaction.