Neighbourhood Policing - a Survey of Residents' Views
At the meeting Sgt Redmond went through a survey with the purpose of consulting residents on the structure of Safer Neighbourhood Teams, their locations and what they do.
Financial cuts are imminent and will take effect in April 2011. Sgt Redmond indicated that he will argue that the Mile End East team stays as it is based on the work load being realistic to the requirements of the area, so no more and no less members in the team.
Residents present at the meeting agreed with this as well as with the suggestion that merging teams would decrease service as the team members would have to come from further away on a call.
The police are interested in more residents’ views. You can take the survey on-line here. It will be available until the 21st January 2011.
- The questions will gather your thoughts about neighbourhood policing in your area
- Answers will play a valuable part in shaping plans for the future of neighbourhood policing in London.
Get in touch with MERA if you are interested in more background information before you do the survey – or if you prefer a hard copy instead (that way you can add your own comments). Alternatively get in touch with the SNT directly with your comments (details below).
There has been a number of burglaries from houses around the Hamlets Way/Mossford Street area. These have mainly been due to poor security of the homes.
The SNT have recently held crime prevention stalls and been on the buses to help promote overall safety. They have also asked MERA to help get the message out about improving security.
It's important for all local residents to focus on the importance of securing your homes
- Keep windows/doors shut and locked especially sash windows.
- Watch the Lets Keep Crime Down presentation on the Internet - Click the link and then click the neon signs, the car and the bike to find out what you can do to protect your home, identity and valuables.
- Find out the simple steps you can take to protect yourself from...
- Burglary - Top tips: things you can do to prevent burglary
- Car crime - Top tips to keep your car safe
- Robbery - Top tips: staying safe from robbery
- Lets Keep Crime Down Posters and Booklets (different languages) for printing out
- Don’t Advertise Your Stuff to Thieves (in English) [PDF 504KB]
- The block is still busy with anti-social behaviour
- SNT work will now focus on solving the problem of why the young people congregate in the stairwells and trying to get them involved in more useful things like football programmes.
- Patrols will also be increased when the SNT is on duty, this includes evenings.
Contact the local Safer Neighbourhood TeamTel: 020 8721 2848Mobile: 07769 641849Email: MileEndEast.email@example.comWebsite: http://www.met.police.uk/teams/towerhamlets/mileendeast/index.php