Our Safe Neighbourhood Team in Mile End East consists of a sergeant, 2 PC’s, an attached PC, and 5 PCSO’s. They are working full time @ 8 hour shifts. The shifts include evenings and weekends.
Even if you don’t see them trudge up and down your street they are around:
- a lot of background work is undertaken by them which does not involve visibility in the streets and parks.
- The team has been on the buses and at tube stations promoting safety in homes and when out and about, i.e. doing crime preventative work.
- An example of an operation in recent months involved uncovering drugs and drug dealers in operations that involved searching various addresses in the ward. 16 charges have been made as a result.
At the meeting they will be asking for your views of how you think the local policing works at the moment, and take suggestions to improvements so that resources can be used more efficiently, if possible.
The Metropolitan Police say they will review the scope and remit of what the SNTs provide. Continue reading Cuts to Come to Safer Neighbourhood Teams – Have your say.
More on the cuts in a piece from this week’s East London Advertiser. John Biggs the Local London Assembly Member covering this area comments on the implications.
Have your Say
- Click here to comment in an online survey.
- This allows you to respond to the survey but does not allow you to add your own comments.
- The survey is available until 21 January 2011
- Click here to download PDF form to send or hand to your local SNT.
- You can also send your comments by email to SNTHT-MileEndEast@met.police.uk
Borough wide the SNT’s are holding similar meetings so if you know friends or family living elsewhere in the borough who are interested:
- they can check here for meetings outside the Mile End East ward.
- Or contact their local team; here is a list of the 17 teams/wards in Tower Hamlets.