This is because Tower Hamlets Council Waste Management have still NOT provided any black bins for non-recyclable normal domestic refuse in bags which are too big for the chute.
Are EastendHomes and the Council seriously suggesting that people should:
- completely abandon their normal kitchen swing bins (bearing in mind most people got rid of pedal bins years ago)?
- go out and buy a pedal bin (who's going to pay for it when people have perfectly serviceable kitchen swing bins)?
- separate out all the gooey messey niffy stuff which ends up in a kitchen bin (from rotting fruit and veg to left over curry to the cat poo)?
- into small chute suitable plastic bags on their kitchen floor (well where else? How sanitary is that? Does nobody care about health and safety?)?
- avoid having any rubbish at all which is too big for the chute and does not require a call to the people who collect large items?
Links to previous posts about this problem - all of which have been ignored to date:
- Ennerdale rubbish problem: DAY 53 and counting......
- Ennerdale House Rubbish problem continues
- Veolia needs to clean up its act in Mile End
- Tower Hamlets Council: 20 days to clear waste management problem!
- Ennerdale House: refuse collection update
- Ennerdale Rufuse Mess due to Telford Homes & EastendHomes
The problem was first reported to the Council on 31st October 2010 after Telford Homes blocked off the access to the rubbish skip at the rear of Ennerdale House without any prior notice.